Thursday, June 4, 2009

Website Overhaul

The Blue Flourish store website is only about two weeks old, but I'm switching hosts. I built the website with Google Sites (now Google Apps, which is technically not a "host") thinking that it is easily manageable. It is, sort of. There are far too many limitations for eCommerce which I had not forseen, given that my prior experience has been institutional or personal sites. I'm switching my host entirely to Netfirms, and I'm currently writing the code for my website without the help of Google. Anyways, this is what I'll be doing over the next week or so. The new site format would not be so different from my current site, which I'll keep running until the construction of the new one is done.

Meanwhile, I'm still going to be busy uploading new items to Etsy within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment