Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Marrying next year - Is it too early to order?

Happy September! This is the first year this store is operating online, and frankly I'm surprised to be kept as busy as I am by autumn brides. The past month has been filled with rush, last-minute orders for September and October weddings. However, we're definitely heading into the "quieter" winter wedding season, and instead of spending time answering quote requests, recently the most frequently asked question has been: "my wedding is next summer (or spring), when should I place my order?"

It's entirely up to you, but the short answer would be "as soon as possible", and there are lots of good reasons for it! Listing a few...

- we use materials that don't really have an expiry date anytime soon (that is, within a decade or more, for example: feathers, dried plants)
- if budget is a concern: placing an order during the low season more likely results in bigger discounts, because I can take the time to find good prices for the materials to create your flowers
- having the wedding flowers in your possession solidifies your wedding colour theme... helps a lot especially if you've been indecisive about your colours!

I'll admit I'm quite into good organization and planning. I'm the type of person who likes to do things well ahead of time. If I am a bride-to-be (which I am!!! set for August 2010), I would have no qualms about buying non-perishable wedding items 6 months to 1 year away from my wedding. One less thing to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment